Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Next FIFTY

My first fifty birthdays seemed to be all about me, and rightly so, after all it was MY BIRTHDAY.  Today was different, I woke up this morning I decided that I wanted my next fifty birthdays to be about someone or something else.  I decided that from now on each year on my birthday I would be involved in a service project, be a volunteer for something or do a random act of kindness for someone.  

"The value of a man resides in what he  GIVES and not in what he is capable of receiving." 
Albert Einstein 

Today I was able to help with a clean up project in downtown Bangkok.  We picked up litter on the sidewalks and scrubbed down bus stop waiting areas.  It was a wonderful way to celebrate my birthday, giving back is so much more rewarding then receiving. 


All that being said, I am not refusing the wonderful tripod for my camera that my husband gave me, I do have my priorities straight.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a wonderful idea. You continue to inspire me! I hope your birthday was wonderful!