Monday, November 11, 2013

Love Letters


One of my "favorite things" is receiving hand written letters.  I have save almost all of the letters I have ever received.  Some of mine date back to when I was in high school, some are from former students and some are just short and sweet words of appreciation. Over the years I have been lucky enough to receive a few  love letters from my husband, Ron. 


I think that everyone deserves to receive at least one love letter, so if you haven't written to someone you love - get your pen and some paper and get writing! A hand written note or message means more then the paper that they are written on - it shows that you truly care, that you took the time to express yourself and that the person that you are writing to matters.  In this fast paced world take a moment to hand write a LOVE letter, or even a letter of appreciation or gratitude.  Go ahead make someones day!

Here is the one I received for my Birthday a few months ago.  I was in the US visiting our children and Ron was back in our home in Thailand. 

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Dear Heidi.

Here it is, September 3rd, and we are far apart.  I can only wish you a Happy Birthday with a letter and a call (or Skype). 

It seems forever since I’ve held you.  Far too long.  And I so look forward to your return.  I do OK alone and I can care for myself, but it’s not the same when you’re not here.  It releases my boring side and I just work or take care of obligations.  But, there is no laughter and there is limited conversation. 

Having this time alone gives me a chance to consider how much you add to my life.  You bring fun.  You bring happiness.  You bring new ideas, new experiences, and a freshness to life that I love.  It’s been that way for the past 33 years.  There is always something new and interesting with you.  It has blessed my life. 

And so, on this, your 53rd birthday, I want to thank you for the gifts you have brought into my life.  

Thank you for the gift of friendship for the gift of fun and for the gift of love.  
Thank you for being a spiritual equal and sometimes superior companion and for elevating me and making me want to be better. 
And thank you for being the perfect mother for our children.  They are who they are because you are who you are. 

I look forward to the next 33 years to come, and the eternity which follows. 
I love you immensely.

RON

No comments: