Saturday, November 1, 2014

B is for BIKING


Almost every Saturday Ron and I go for an early morning bike ride.  We leave our housing development Nichada, which is  40 minutes north of Bangkok, and ride about 4.5 Kilometers to the river. 

We then board a "ferry" and I use that term loosely for that is what the Thai's call it.  I call it a very small boat. 

We jump on as it comes to the small dock on the Chao Phraya river and haul our bikes on to the front of the "ferry".  When we get to the other side of the river we jump off with our bikes in our hands and peddle away for our biking adventure.  

Ron and I love to take pictures of local Thais and then we give them a copy of the photo - it is to say think you for letting us be part of their lives. 


The Thai people are gracious and help us when ever we a lost or are in need of help. 




We may speak a different language but kindness is spoken in all languages and that is what makes this world a place worth exploring.


No comments: