Friday, September 3, 2021

One to Sixty One

From 1 to 61 and still some things never change! I am very grateful for all the years in between, even the hard painful ones! I am blessed beyond measure. Happy Birthday to me…I made it through another year. 

Life has been full of challenges but those same challenges have created a strong, independent and self assured woman.

I am a daughter, sister, wife, mother and a "Nana!"

I know who I am, what I am and what I want to become.

I am capable of doing hard things

I value trust and honesty in myself and others.

Jane Austen, my favorite author, once wrote, “... I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” That statement is true for me, I love deeply and my tender heart is both a feature of strength and of weakness. One might say that I think with my heart, I feel with my heart and I love with all my heart.


What would l tell that little one year old Heidi, sitting on the car? I would tell her...

Life is going to be a grand adventure, full of love, laughter and many tears. You will endure, you will grow and you can enjoy all that life has to offer, so continue to grow and become someone, that in sixty years you can be proud of. You go this Heidi!

I am SIXTY ONE today and I am PROUD of who I am and the incredible life that I have lived.  I am not perfect, but I am ME! 

No comments: