Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A River Runs Through It

This past week as I was able to spend sometime in Logan, Utah, I was asked to teach some classes at Utah State University.  Cache Valley is one of my favorite spots in Utah--okay and by favorite I mean favorite during the non-SNOWING months.  I stayed an extra day so that I could visit with Scott and Danise, who were the best adoptive substitute parents to me while I was attending BYU!  After leaving their home in Nibley, I drove a little north to Hyrum and decided to head east up Blacksmith Fork Canyon to get a look at the river.  Utah has been experiencing flooding this summer due to the heavy snow-pack, that is still visible on the mountain tops. While watching the river rush down the canyon I was reminded of the book I read a few years ago called... A River Runs Through It.
  The Blacksmith Fork River was definitely running through the canyon.


My favorite color is GREEN and the Canyon didn't disappoint me....



Thank you Cache Valley for a great day!!

No comments: