“A dead thing goes with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
~ G.K. Chesterton
As I was reviewing my photographs of past adventures I came across this photo taken July 2010 on a solo road trip and was reminded of the above quote. It was at that moment that I realized that I was indeed a very living thing! In my own individual way I am making my way towards the source of Living Water. In order to do that I must travel upstream! At times there will be obstacles, rocks,logs and debris that might obstruct my ability to push forward. I must not let these things force me downward, the path of least resistance, or what I will call the "mainstream" of society.
I am a unique daughter of God, with the ability to conquer the fast moving river of iniquity, dishonesty, faithlessness, selfishness, bigotry, unkindness, and pride. If I keep moving upstream I will be "LIVING" the life I was born to live!
I am a unique daughter of God, with the ability to conquer the fast moving river of iniquity, dishonesty, faithlessness, selfishness, bigotry, unkindness, and pride. If I keep moving upstream I will be "LIVING" the life I was born to live!

1 comment:
Heidi! I'm do glad you are LIVING! You are a living inspiration to me and I am so deeply grateful for your wonderful example of "seizing the day" and living life to its fullest. Thanks for blessing my life with your goodness!
Post a Comment