Friday, January 3, 2014

Worth It

John and I left Thailand on Friday afternoon December 28th and arrived in Seattle on January 28th at 6:30 pm.  The flight takes about 20 hours and we go back a day.  Jet Lag is inevitable - John's hits him hard the first week and I seem to adjust but then it kicks in the second week.  It just so happens the second week was the week that I dropped of John for is first semester of collage - now that was emotion filled for me. And I am running on little sleep! 
In order to get him to college I had to take a flight from Seattle to SLC then drive up to Rexburg.  Due to the storm in the Northeast my flight was changed, delayed and almost cancelled out of Seattle.  Arrival time at the Sea-Tac airport was 8:30 AM - departing time for SLC airport  was 9:45 PM.  Eleven hours in the airport for my 2.5 hour flight - then in the morning a 4 hour drive to Rexburg where I had to help John unpack and set up his college room - then say goodbyes and return to SLC to take a flight to Las Vegas.  I thought I was in the clear - but then my flight to Las Vegas was changed and delayed - nearly 6 hours!  I was traveling with some bad JUJU!  I was emotionally drained, physically tired and was developing an aversion to Airport waiting areas....

But finally it was all worth it....

Nana and Austin ...Movie TIme

No comments: