Monday, March 30, 2015

March Madness


March madness take on a different meaning for me.  I love to see the different and crazy things that I can spot here in Thailand the month of March and call it My March Madness.  There are no brackets, no bets, no team colors...Just some FUN.
On a bike ride one day Ron and I saw a women making and selling popcorn (theater style) out of the back of a truck.  Not to be out done, cotton candy on  a scooter now that delivery at its finest!  One of our favorite things to eat off the street is roasted corn, it can be trusted to be healthy and good because they roast it with the skin on.  No need for butter just pick, pay and enjoy.


Every once in a while I will see roasted chickens just hanging around the supermarket!  No need to bag just pull of the string and throw in your cart.  Oh and then for the man in your life we have "Mansom" and drink to help your man become more handsome?  The snacking isle here always leaves me a bit confused...dried onion snack slices...I am okay with the dried bananas and the dried strawberries but ONIONS.  Seriously people will need some breath-mints to go with their snacks.  And finally strawberries, a rare sighting in Thailand and no wonder they are 850 Baht for a pound that is quite literally $25.15 per pound in US dollars.  Ron we will not be having strawberries anytime soon.  All in all March madness was a creative outlet for this crazy creative "Farang".  That is a generic Thai word for someone of European ancestry, no matter where they may come from. The Royal Institute Dictionary , the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word as "a person of white race"

No comments: