Monday, October 11, 2010

Lifes a Beach

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a few weaknesses (notice that I said a few, some of my family might think that it is more like many) and the one that is on the top of my list is...I love a good BEACH!  Growing up I spent my summers on Whidbey Island.  My grandparents had a two bedroom cabin on the beach.  It was built the year that I was born, so it is 50 years old too!  My parents own the cabin now so I still try to spend time over there when I can.  I love the sand, surf and sun.  I read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, my favorite book, for the first time while sitting in the sun at the cabin when just a young teenager.  In those early years I would take the dingy rowboat out, anchor it about 20 feet from the shore and sit and read with the sun shining down on me and the boat rocking me almost asleep. I loved the beach then and it hasn't changed - this weekend I rediscovered that....

LIFE IS A BEACH

No comments: