Monday, October 4, 2010

My Running World

Welcome to my blog, where my mouth (words) run faster then I do..

According to Webster the definition of run is “to move swiftly on foot so that both feet leave the ground during each stride.”


I am not sure that is what I actually do when I run, but after looking at 40 pages and 12,916 words that defined, described or “thesaurused” the word run and it variations I decided that the first one listed sounded the best!





I want you all to know that I do not yet have one of the 50 plus iPhone applications dedicated to running, like trailguru or cando26.2. Although I think I might check out the one called www.mapmyrun.com!


And just for the record I run in a K SWISS K-ONA, yes that is right a K SWISS – and I love them. I have two pairs and I alternate wearing them each day.  They have to last me for over a year!

I think my kids would disown me if they caught me running in the “Vibram FiveFingers”…



I am WICKED but not that CRAZY!



My running “Trail” in Thailand…







It is almost like running in heaven, well except for the temperature and humidity!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Love the FiveFingers--looking at getting a second pair, after I save up some more baht and satang. And mapmyrun.com was the only way I was able to get reasonable estimates for Nichada distances, since some of the roads aren't yet on Google maps. Stop by sometime, I've got a spreadsheet with various running info for our neighborhood (yes, I'm a running nerd).

Emily said...

Now that would make me want to run. I guess it's time to move...

Katrina Maye Winn said...

Donald has a pair of five fingers and he LOVES them. They've relieved a lot of shin discomfort and he says they're amazing.