Friday, May 13, 2011

Traveling Thai Style

Diana and I decided to take a two day trip up north on the spur of the moment. She was leaving to go back to Venezuela soon and I wanted to learn how to travel Thai style.  Diana speaks Thai, plus 8 other languages, and is great to have when you are traveling and having to converse in Thai - which I DO NOT speak!  For example on the trip I told the driver to turn right in Thai - what I actually said was that he was crazy!  SO, it is best for all concerned that I do not try to speak much...so Diana was very helpful
.
We stayed in a "guesthouse" which is very much like a hostel - I splurged on a room with air conditioning and a private bathroom.  Our room cost 400 Baht which is about $12 USD.  Oh and it came with a roll of toilet paper!!


We decided the first order of business was food, I was opposed to eating at the "POO" restaurant - so we ate next door.The buses are a pretty cheap way of getting around - but we had my driver - I was not going to do everything Thai style.



Traveling Thai style is pretty easy - if you know what you are doing.
Thanks Diana for the experience!

No comments: