In my many travels thought out Thailand I have met and visited with many different people. There were the small children of the Hill Tribes learning English is a very primitive one room school house. And those lovely Thai's waving to me as I ride my bike past there stilted houses, always ready to offer directions with hand signals. I remember meeting some small boys that swim to take their bath in the surf of the Andaman Sea, frolicking naked among the waves without a care in the world.
As I traveled around the Seattle area today I was struck by how unhappy people were. Thailand is know as the land of smiles and they are a very happy people, even when they have so little. My mind recalled my meaningful visit with a 92 year old Thai woman on one of my adventures last month. She had the light of happiness in her eyes and I knew that is what I wanted to achieve in my lifetime.
To be happy always, no matter what, with plenty or with little - it is a choice to be happy, you just have to choose it for yourself.
To be happy always, no matter what, with plenty or with little - it is a choice to be happy, you just have to choose it for yourself.
“Happiness should be measured by what I create.”
Heidi Gailey 2010 Mantra
2 comments:
Heidi, what a privilege and honour was for me to travel with you. I not only enjoyed the adventure but also the way you reach out to people. That woman was truly amazing. I love you and love reading about your adventures!!
love it! so true... my parents took a very similar picture when they were in Malaysia... they had those same thoughts and feelings coming back to America!
Welcome home! It would be fun to see you while you are here!
Post a Comment