Coming back to the states for 8 weeks in the summer is bitter sweet and not like the chocolate. The month of May rolls around and I start to get all queasy inside with the anticipation of returning to the "HOMELAND". The day finally arrives and I am on the long flight back to family and friends, who I am sure are eagerly awaiting my arrival. That is the sweet part! The bitter part comes in tiny segments though out the eight weeks. You make plans to meet with friends, just to realize that the timing is all wrong. Last minute things are always popping up when you least expect them too and have a way of encroaching upon the precious time you have left. That is the bitter - but you have to have the bitter to appreciate the sweet.
I was able to spend almost three weeks in Utah and Idaho this summer. Some might think that three hours in those two states combined is too long, but I find the time that I spent in Utah and Idaho, Bitter Sweet!
Bitter - It wasn't as hot as I would have liked.
Sweet - I was able to see the sun shine a few times, even in my dreams.
Bitter - The snow was still on the tops of the mountains, so no hiking Timp this year.
Sweet - I did some pretty nice runs through Logan, Ogden, Salt Lake and Provo
Bitter - Spent some money on food and snacks - too much
Sweet - Ate at the Texas Road house in Idaho Falls, Draper and Provo, love that place!
Bitter - Saying good by to Family and Friends
Sweet- Knowing that they love me no matter where I am
I was able to spend almost three weeks in Utah and Idaho this summer. Some might think that three hours in those two states combined is too long, but I find the time that I spent in Utah and Idaho, Bitter Sweet!
Bitter - It wasn't as hot as I would have liked.
Sweet - I was able to see the sun shine a few times, even in my dreams.
Bitter - The snow was still on the tops of the mountains, so no hiking Timp this year.
Sweet - I did some pretty nice runs through Logan, Ogden, Salt Lake and Provo
Bitter - Spent some money on food and snacks - too much
Sweet - Ate at the Texas Road house in Idaho Falls, Draper and Provo, love that place!
Bitter - Saying good by to Family and Friends
Sweet- Knowing that they love me no matter where I am
![]() |
| Texas Road House - always a good time! |

No comments:
Post a Comment