One of the things that I have missed most about not living in Hong Kong any longer is hiking the trails. When I moved to Thailand I had to pick up the running habit-it is so flat where we live, but the temperature and humidity make up for the lack of elevation. When Audrey moved into our house in Auburn Washington, she decided that she too wanted to get into the running habit - she needs motivation to get her going, I just need the SUN. Her motivation was to sign us both up for the Rock N Roll half marathon. Like a good mother, I said sure - not really thinking that is 13.1 miles. Training in Thailand proved to be a bit harder then I thought. Running in 95 degree weather with 95 percent humidity was a challenge. I ran 5 days a week averaging about 12-14 miles a week , and I am supposed to do my weeks worth of running in a single DAY. What the heck had I signed up for. I then realized that my goal was just to finish the race running the whole route. I was not concerned with my time - just finish standing up was a good enough goal for me! Here are the Official Results:
Now I must remind everyone reading this blog that before this race my longest distance run was 7 miles. Audrey and I ran the course together, she had stomach problems so we kept the pace at around 12 minutes - our goal was 11 min miles - but about 2 miles into the race she knew that she could keep that pace and keep her stomach from clenching. With those two factors I think I did pretty good for a first timer - and I am gearing up for next year. So bring on the ROCK N ROLL 2012 I will be ready...
23945
Heidi Gailey
Auburn, WA
Age: 50 | Gender: F
Overall: 12026 out
of 17083 · Division: 369 out of 728 · Gender: 7382 out of 11458
Pace
|
5 Km
|
10 Km
|
9 Mile
|
ChipTime
|
ClockTime
|
12:10
|
36:42
|
1:19:13
|
1:52:51
|
02:39:28
|
03:31:57
|
Now I must remind everyone reading this blog that before this race my longest distance run was 7 miles. Audrey and I ran the course together, she had stomach problems so we kept the pace at around 12 minutes - our goal was 11 min miles - but about 2 miles into the race she knew that she could keep that pace and keep her stomach from clenching. With those two factors I think I did pretty good for a first timer - and I am gearing up for next year. So bring on the ROCK N ROLL 2012 I will be ready...


1 comment:
Running races can get really addicting! Have you guys thought about a full marathon? If you do, I wouldn't do the Rock n Roll full. I ran it last year and its a BEAST!! Great job and keep on running!!
Post a Comment