It has been three weeks today since our family has been evacuated from our home for safety and protection from the threatening flood waters in Thailand. Currently I am in my fifth hotel and lets just say not even the amazing buffet breakfast is inciting anymore. My emotions over the past weeks have been like riding a roller coaster, up and down. I once told someone that I sometimes wished my life could be like a lazy river on a nice summer day.
My head was so messed up... yesterday I exercised hard at the gym in the morning and then at 8:00pm decided to take a quick 5K run. What the heck - I am all for exercising but really twice in one day is just plain crazy! The truth is I forgot that I had exercised in the morning - a mere 10 hours earlier, the lack of planning my day is making me forget what I am doing. (Because we all know that it is not age - 50 after all is the new 30, right?)
Ron has been traveling, Singapore this week, Japan, Philippines and Indonesia the next two weeks. I am waiting to see what the next few days brings, hopefully I can return home and to some sort of normal organized life. The first thing that I will tackle will be my cupboards...I have some new Tupperware's that are just waiting to be labeled. I will then move on to my file folders...and then I will start on the spice bottles....I can smell organizational victory in the AIR.
Now if the flood waters will just let me go home.
However, lately my life is more like...the "INTIMIDATOR"
Now, I am the first one who will say that they like roller coasters, after all John and I conquered "Mt. Everest" at Disney World 10 times in a row! But, I am just saying that the last three weeks has had a few to many ups and downs, twist and turns for my liking. I am an OCD, Organizationally Controlled Diva and all this "unorganization" is messing with my head.My head was so messed up... yesterday I exercised hard at the gym in the morning and then at 8:00pm decided to take a quick 5K run. What the heck - I am all for exercising but really twice in one day is just plain crazy! The truth is I forgot that I had exercised in the morning - a mere 10 hours earlier, the lack of planning my day is making me forget what I am doing. (Because we all know that it is not age - 50 after all is the new 30, right?)
Ron has been traveling, Singapore this week, Japan, Philippines and Indonesia the next two weeks. I am waiting to see what the next few days brings, hopefully I can return home and to some sort of normal organized life. The first thing that I will tackle will be my cupboards...I have some new Tupperware's that are just waiting to be labeled. I will then move on to my file folders...and then I will start on the spice bottles....I can smell organizational victory in the AIR.
Now if the flood waters will just let me go home.

1 comment:
I would be in a mental institution! I love your OCD description. Change and I are not friends. We have developed a working relationship but it is tenuous at times. You are a stronger woman than I!
Post a Comment