Since we had a special family fast today I wanted to shared my testimony in church today and wanted to share with you also...
I do not know everything, I do not have a college degree or am I a professional, I have few visible talents and am a stay at home mom who hasn't served a mission yet and never even graduated from seminary. But, I do know some things...
I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me.
I know that Jesus Christ is my savior and that he willing died that I might live again.
I know that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God who restored the Lords true church.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true.
I know that there is a prophet on the earth today, President Thomas Monson, who leads and guides the Lords church.
I don't know many things, but I do know those things. Those simple truths that even a child can know. The knowledge didn't come with any promotion, diploma or certificate it can by study, prayer and the gift of the Holy Ghost.
I have learned that life is full of trials, I have experienced my share. I have learned to live by three key phrases; one from me, one from Sister Marjorie Hinckley and one from the Lord.
My phrase..."IT IS WHAT IT IS." Trials are apart of this life, we can not change that. I have been learning to just tell myself, it is what it is and have found comfort and peace as I seem to pass from one trial to the next.
Sister Hinckley's phrase: "SAVE THE RELATIONSHIP AT ALL COST." I have had to repeat this phrase over and over when dealing with each one of my children. I have had to use it with other family members. When push comes to shove is it worth damaging a relationship for? I do the things I do with in my relationships because THEY matter to me, the person and the relationship. So when issues come up I remind myself to save the relationship at all cost, because in the end that is what truly matters.
The Lord's phrase comes from D&C 121 ...when I was first diagnosed with cancer 11 years ago Ron gave me what I believe to be his shortest blessing ever. He laid his hands on my head and begun in the appropriate way, he then quoted from D&C 121 ..."ALL THESE THINGS SHALL GIVE THEE EXPERIENCE". Then came a very very long pause and he closed the blessing. I was stunned, that was it...you wife has cancer and that is all the blessing you can give me? I have since learned that was all I needed. The Lord knew exactly what I needed to hear. I have come to rely on those words almost on a daily basis.
I am grateful for those three phrases in my life, they are a part of who I am.
I don't know much but I know that my testimony is stronger because of the trials that I have had in my life.
I don't know much but I know that life, real life is eternal.
I may not know everything but the things I do know are true, eternal and they are what make me ME.
No comments:
Post a Comment