In the past couple of years I have come to realize that there is nothing "GOOD" about "GOOD-BYES". It seems that I have been saying good-bye to many things, places and people the last few years. In fact I force myself to not let the word "goodbye" slip from my lips, see around or see you later is more my style.
Why do I detest the word "GOOD-BYE" so much, JM Barrie in Peter Pan explains it beautifully..."Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting"...
Living here in Asia has been and is a amazing opportunity for adventure, for travel and for personal growth. Yet, it has its difficult side for me...family, friends and loved ones seem so far away. Not just the physical distance, but also there is a distance emotionally and mentally as well. I don't want to forget and no one wants to be forgotten...but life happens and if you are not connecting on a daily basis or even weekly that distance widens and the "forgetting" finds its way into the relationship. So, this December, as my children left one by one I never told them "goodbye" - I hugged and kissed them and said "I would see them later" . The hardest was to tell that to Austin, so I didn't just hugged and kissed him. I was reminded of an old proverb that says, A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance"!
Austin was "smelling" pretty good as he boarded his plane to back home to Seattle. He is like my personal bouquet!

1 comment:
That looks like one happy (and spoiled with love) grandson.
Post a Comment