I woke up this morning
thinking about how to blog about some of the feeling that I have been having
lately. My life is so full and blessed
because of my children. I cannot think
of anything more important to be then a wife, mother and a nana. In American news lately there has been some
harshly spoken words on the validity of women working outside the home and
those that stay at home.
I have been in both places:
for the first 10 years of parent hood I was working outside the home and for
the last 20 years I have been able to stay at home. Both are hard and both have made me realized
that any kind of WORK is just plain hard.
I have also received blessing from working. While in the work force I was able to go out
for power lunches, had a nice wardrobe, and received pay raises and vacation
and sick time.
When I chose to stay at home
those blessing ceased to exist – but I received blessing nonetheless, the
ability to hug each of my children when they came home from school, smiles on their dirty faces, providing a listening ear whenever THEY wanted to talk and to hold their hands and to wipe their eyes when things
got tough.
I worked hard outside the
home, it was hard to leave my first daughter with the babysitter at 6 weeks old
– but economics required it. When our
son was born my husband when back for his MBA we had to down size and economize
because we both worked part time jobs. WORK
is hard and being a good mother is a lot of hard work ;whether I am working out of the
home or in the home …and yet I find that I have been extremely happy through it
all.
I was reminded of a few
verses in Psalms 127…
“Lo, children are an heritage
of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward…happy is the man that hath
his quiver full of them.”
I am not sure if having four
children constitutes a “quiver full” but then I have had so many children pass
through my front door I can no longer count them all. Some stay for a few days, others stay for
months or even years and yet there are some that know that my door is always
open and keep returning time and time again.
![]() |
| Just a few of the extra children in my quiver |
I can truly say that being a
good mother has been hard work, being a good nana is no work at all, it is
blessing for having worked hard to be a good mother! My quiver is full and runneth over.




1 comment:
Love you Mama G! So blessed to have you in my life!! Can you believe I've been pseudo part of your family for 10 years now?!
Post a Comment