Friday, February 20, 2015

Biking Kanchanaburi Thailand Round 2


After the trip earlier this year when my derailed broke on my bike, Ron and I decided to bike Kanchanabur round 2.  Waking up early on a Saturday morning to drive a few hours to our starting spot was the most boring part of our day together.  

Cemeteries, red clay roads and a lot of sunshine on our backs made for a beautiful day of riding!



A day on Thailand's backroads never cease to remind me that I am living in a country that is very different to my AMERICA.  I enjoy emerging myself in the culture of the Thai people and have come to never be surprised by what I see.  Thailand is a place that you experience using your five senses.



Small gas station... the gas pumps are glass and you actually pump the gas with a handle.  Thai people love to take care of their rosters...I am sure it is for cock fighting but then that is illegal..right? This is a home with dozens of roster cages that are nicely covered up to keep them quiet...  oh and MONKEY school really?  Not sure what that is all about but I am sure that my grandsons would love it.




I have a small project that I am working on with my friend, Diana Nelson and these are some of the photos that I was able to take for our Back Road Studio.  I love the Thai children.  Happy with just the freedom to roam, play and be with family.  Poor is a way of life but it is not the attitude here.

No comments: