Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lost and Found

When something is lost, is it really lost or just misplaced?   I was thinking about "LOST" things today and also about the JOY that comes to us when the item is "FOUND".


  • I have been known to say, "I have LOST my keys", which is really not true as I have just misplaced them and it is just can't remember where they are.
  • Over the years I have "LOST" weight - actually I think that I have just misplaced it because I always seem to find it again!
  • Many of you think I have 'LOST" my mind, but fortunately it is still safely stored in my cranium.
  • Like so may others American, my vote gets "LOST" in the politics of a nation.
  • I would like to say that I have never been "LOST" while driving, but I am an honest person who now owns a GPS.
  • My favorite is when I am "LOST" in a book, that is when I think I find myself the most.
  • The worst is when a child is "LOST" whether that is physically, emotionally, mentally or spiritually.
  • In my 50 years I have "LOST" contact with friends and that is sad on so many levels.\
  • I have "LOST" a tooth only to find that it has been replaced by a new one, unlike someone who has "LOST" an arm or a leg.
  • I have not "LOST" my husband, children or parents to death, but I  have "LOST" friends and other relatives.
As I was thinking of "LOST" things, I realised some of the most important things in life I have never "LOST"


  • My faith, love and testimony in my Father in Heaven and His son, Jesus Christ
  • My belief in my religion and respect for all things that are good.
  • My love of service to others, especially my family and friends
  • My talent to converse with  people, and even myself on occasion.
  • My capacity to learn from life, even those things which are hard.
  • My skill of  laughing at myself - even when I am crying.
  • My gift of trying always to look at the big picture.
  • My desire to improve each day, to be better then the day before.
When I have "LOST" something I usually experience "JOY" when said item is "FOUND".  My ability to find happiness over even the smallest of things, as finding my keys makes my heart skip a beat and I am thankful for the recovery of the lost item.  The same holds true when I have lost contact with a friend only to reconnect months, years or even decades later.  The "JOY" that I experience teaches me that their must be opposition in "ALL" things.  If I had never "LOST" anything I would not know the 'JOY" of having it be "FOUND".


In the eternal scheme of  this life, I am grateful that there is a "LOST and FOUND"

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I completely agree. There is nothing worse than the panic feeling when you think you've lost something and the peaceful feeling when you've found it again.