It was the night before Easter and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse...wait that is not right. It is the night before Easter and all through the day not a thought of my Savior came my way...until I had a moment to ponder and pray...
As I pondered my mind wondered to the lyrics of one of my favorite songs
More
By Kenneth Cope
More steady, more sure
More trusted, more pure
Some say it doesn’t matter
More trained and more aware
More aim to get me there
I climb this far
You raised the bar
You want my heart
More fierce desire to stand against the wind
More blazing fire when darkness is closing in
More love inspired changed within
So there’s more and more of me to give
More words to learn and know
More etched upon my soul
Some say it doesn’t matter
More tried, more true
Less me and much more you
I stretch this tall
You sound the call
You want my all.
You keep reaching out, calling out to me for
More strength in shoulders to face the war with sin
More wise and bolder to save the souls of men
A more faithful soldier to the end
You want more and more of me to give
More love, more light
More purpose, more serve with all my might
I need more hope, more faith, more patience
Each day I pray for more
More fire, more zeal
More spirit to know what is real
More courage, more joy
More grateful, more true
More humble to trust and do
You call, I hear, I’ll walk the path that’s set in stone
My heart is set on getting home
And what on earth could ever matter more
In this day and age of selfishness it is the desire of my heart to be MORE like my Savior. I can't think of anything that should matter more then getting back to my home in Heaven. Some days it does seem impossible, but I pray for MORE days to try harder.
I want it to be EASTER "MORE" often!
1 comment:
I need to hear that song, love the words! Heidi, you are great... thanks for being such an awesome example to me!
Post a Comment