The other day I watched Fiddler on the Roof and was struck by how much I more understood Tevye! This life is constantly changing and so many things are out of our control. I admit I found myself a little misty eyed when Tevye started to sing Sunrise Sunset ...
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

I realized that my life has been full of many sunrises and sunsets and the years have swiftly gone by, yet there are many more wonderful sunsets and sunrises to come.Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

1 comment:
I just wish I could freeze my kids.
Post a Comment