Monday, February 18, 2013

Empty Nests are for BIRDS

This week I am home alone... like all alone.  It is my practice run for when the baby bird, John graduates and is off being a responsible 18 year old! I will become part of the new exciting club called "Empty Nesters"

Ron left last Thursday for the 10 days in the states, and the rest left on Friday and Saturday for school planned trips. I will have 7 days here in our Thailand home by myself.

Friday I was excited and by 11:00pm Saturday night I knew that it was going to be a lot harder then I thought.  I have way to much time to think! Empty Nest, really means it is time to reinvent myself and find something else besides children,school, sports, and PTA.  I have been an active member of PTA for the past 25 years, that is way too long.  I really tried to downsize my PTA and school involvement this year - that didn't go over so well. The PTA was looking for someone to help with the graduation committee for 2013 and since John will be graduating I thought I could help.  Next thing I know I am the graduation committee!!  So I will bid farewell to the PTA and close a chapter of my life on June 7, 2013 at the graduation ceremonies of the class of 2013!

So in the spirit of reinventing myself - I first have to remember myself. so this week is set aside to go back and catch up on my blog entries - they will not be anything fancy - I just need to record my activities and thoughts from the past few months so in my empty nester time I will not forget!

Empty Nests are for the BIRDS!

No comments: