One week in February I decided to dedicate my Facebook status to my children. I wanted to keep a record of what I wrote in my blog. I am not sure why but each time I wrote the entries became longer, by the end I had my writers hat on and the words just typed themselves. I love each of my children equally and sometimes there are not words that I can use to describe my love for them...so please do not judge my love for them by the length of my facebook post!

First up is Audrey Gailey Forsberg. Audrey you are my first born and I still remember that overwhelming feeling of responsibility when they placed you in my arms for the first time. I admire your willingness to stand by your principles, you know what is best for you and are willing to sacrifice for what you desire.
As the oldest you have been a wonderful example to David, Laura and John. They have all looked up to you. I know that being the oldest is a big responsibility but you are equal to the task. I love to talk to you, laugh with you and cry with you at times! I even like to RUN with you! You have given me a precious grandson whom I love with all my heart! Audrey never forget who you are and what is important. I love you - always yours! MOM
Day two is dedicated to my Son (in law) Toren Forsberg. Toren and I have a lot in common, we share the same birthday, we both do not like he color red and we both love the fact that he can tease Audrey! Toren is a closet Harry Potter want-to-be, and secretly can't wait to get his acceptance letter to Hogwarts! Toren is Audrey's best friend and I am okay with that - I like being second to a wonderful man! Toren is an amazing husband and father! Toren and Audrey make a great team and they are the team that is going to win it all in the end.
Work has called Toren away from home many times the last few years which has been hard and stressful on the family - but he does what is asked of him so that he can provide for his family and I love and respect him for that. Toren is a true brother to David, John and Scott Sorensen - and for those reasons and so many other - I love you Toren and am grateful that you are my SON.
Tuesday belongs to David E Gailey. David is also known to me as my SUNSHINE boy. When he was younger and a HANDFUL I had to always look for a positive spin on the things he did - so I would say that his job was to make me smile and laugh. David is a wonderful caring son,he is always wondering how I am "really" doing. He is a great listener - but then he is also a great communicator which when we are talking to each other can come in handy because be both multi task and listen and talk at the same time! It is a true talent. As I have watched David grow from a busy young boy, to a talented teenage, to a suit and cologne savvy young man to a honorable missionary, to a college graduate, to a loving husband and now to an amazing father I am impressed with his ability to adapt to change. To keep a positive outlook even when things appear to be going in the wrong direction.

David is a hero in my life and someone that I can always count on. He keeps friendships and relationship alive and strong, especially with his sweetheart of a wife MandyGailey! I am grateful for his infectious smile - and he cracks me up when he just starts rapping about what ever he is doing at the moment. He is SUNSHINE to my soul and I love him.
Wednesdays Child....A poet once wrote .."Wednesdays child is full of woe.." and it is obvious that he had never met my daughter Mandy Gailey. For if he had the poem would read.."Wednesdays child is full of more..as in more love, more spirit and more energy then one small beautiful young mother and wife can possess! Mandy came into our family by choice and I am so glad that she did. If David is my sunshine then Mandy is my sunlight. When she walks into a room the room in an instant becomes brighter, warmer and just a little better! She has a way of making everyone in the room feel as if they are the most important person there. Mandy and David are a team - team "KELLAN", my little grandson! I want Mandy and everyone to know how proud I am of her. She had to be apart from David quite a number of times this past year and continued to be positive through it all! Mandy has a flair for fashion and I know I can count on her to let me never be a frumpy nana! (Mandy I am going to hold you to that!)
The greatest thing that Mandy does is love my son and my grandson. There are so many things that I say about this beautiful woman - but I think that ..Wednesdays child is full of Moe - More of everything that is good and kind with a bit of curly hair and a smile that lights up any room! I love you Mandy!

First up is Audrey Gailey Forsberg. Audrey you are my first born and I still remember that overwhelming feeling of responsibility when they placed you in my arms for the first time. I admire your willingness to stand by your principles, you know what is best for you and are willing to sacrifice for what you desire.
As the oldest you have been a wonderful example to David, Laura and John. They have all looked up to you. I know that being the oldest is a big responsibility but you are equal to the task. I love to talk to you, laugh with you and cry with you at times! I even like to RUN with you! You have given me a precious grandson whom I love with all my heart! Audrey never forget who you are and what is important. I love you - always yours! MOM
Day two is dedicated to my Son (in law) Toren Forsberg. Toren and I have a lot in common, we share the same birthday, we both do not like he color red and we both love the fact that he can tease Audrey! Toren is a closet Harry Potter want-to-be, and secretly can't wait to get his acceptance letter to Hogwarts! Toren is Audrey's best friend and I am okay with that - I like being second to a wonderful man! Toren is an amazing husband and father! Toren and Audrey make a great team and they are the team that is going to win it all in the end.
Work has called Toren away from home many times the last few years which has been hard and stressful on the family - but he does what is asked of him so that he can provide for his family and I love and respect him for that. Toren is a true brother to David, John and Scott Sorensen - and for those reasons and so many other - I love you Toren and am grateful that you are my SON.
Tuesday belongs to David E Gailey. David is also known to me as my SUNSHINE boy. When he was younger and a HANDFUL I had to always look for a positive spin on the things he did - so I would say that his job was to make me smile and laugh. David is a wonderful caring son,he is always wondering how I am "really" doing. He is a great listener - but then he is also a great communicator which when we are talking to each other can come in handy because be both multi task and listen and talk at the same time! It is a true talent. As I have watched David grow from a busy young boy, to a talented teenage, to a suit and cologne savvy young man to a honorable missionary, to a college graduate, to a loving husband and now to an amazing father I am impressed with his ability to adapt to change. To keep a positive outlook even when things appear to be going in the wrong direction.

David is a hero in my life and someone that I can always count on. He keeps friendships and relationship alive and strong, especially with his sweetheart of a wife MandyGailey! I am grateful for his infectious smile - and he cracks me up when he just starts rapping about what ever he is doing at the moment. He is SUNSHINE to my soul and I love him.
The greatest thing that Mandy does is love my son and my grandson. There are so many things that I say about this beautiful woman - but I think that ..Wednesdays child is full of Moe - More of everything that is good and kind with a bit of curly hair and a smile that lights up any room! I love you Mandy!
Today is all about Laura Sorensen! I am not sure if the words that I type will fully describe Laura. We have a saying in our family...that secretly we all what to be like Laura when we grow up. Laura is the peacemaker in our family, she is the one that thinks of others and she always always tries to do the right thing - and she actually succeeds at it. Laura is the most creative one of the bunch - she is also a perfectionist so she spends a lot of time and energy making her projects amazing, from learning how to knit a lace scarf to putting together an ad campaign for JCP. She is just weird enough to want to learn how to write html - she bought a book about it- like i said a little weird. I had to tell Laura to stop doing her homework as it was already perfect and more then the teacher required. So you might call her an over achiever as well, but she is really good at that too! Laura has a child like faith in people and in her God. This faith is a part of her nature and it one of her greatest attributes. I think it is that part of her that each of us wants to be more like. I hope that the realities of the world will never change that quality - it is what makes Laura unique.
Audrey and David were both settled when we left to live in Asia four years ago, Laura on the other hand had just graduated high school and a whole year earlier then she was supposed to and left for college when we left for Asia. I have always worried about her and wished that she could have a family close - and now she does. Last August she decided to become part of the Scott Sorensen family and I could be happier.
Laura has many nick names in our family - but the one I love the most is my Boo Bear or Boo for short. She has been my Boo for the past 22 years and no matter how old she gets she will always be my Boo! I Love you Boo Bear.
TGIF and Scott Sorensen is the Friday's child. Scott just appeared on Laura college doorstep one day while I was visiting her about 18 months ago. Little did I know that day that he would be part of our family. It was plain to see that he was "smitten" (hahaha) with Laura, but Laura was really not interested in him or anyone else! She was all about school, homework and sleep, usually in that order! Guys were okay if she got a free meal out of it - but Scott was different - Laura and I went to get something to eat and he followed with his brown paper bag of dinner he had already had. He sat down proudly with us at the sandwich shop and ate his meal. Over the next months they worked together at the university and then she was Thailand bound and thought that the friendship would end there. But lo and behold there is SKYPE and seeing Scotts face on the computer every morning (his night) became a daily occurrence. So one day I did the unthinkable and invited Scott to come for Christmas. What kind of mother does that - one that likes to see her daughter happy - well Scott came and became part of the family from then on. Early that year Scott had learned to scuba dive and that was probably the thing that sealed the deal, because to be in the gang you have to dive!
One of the things that I love most about my son, Scott, besides the fact that he loves Laura. Is that he knows how special she is to our family and he knows that he is lucky to have found her. What I would like Scott to know is that Laura is lucky to have him. At the wedding Scott showed more love for his mom, Diane Sorensen then I had seen from a lot of young men in recent years and I knew that he would love and take care of Laura Sorensen her whole life! Scott is patient with Laura - she has a hard time making decisions (the perfectionist who wants to be right) and he waits for her to make up her mind with love and patience. Scott is willing to work hard and doesn't shy away from hard things or new experiences. I am not sure why he keeps reminding us that he was born in Canada - is that something to be proud of - we try not to hold it against him! (LOL) Welcome into the Gailey Gang, Scott - I love you! "EH"
Saturday is a special day...It is finally John Gailey's Facebook Status day! He is the baby in the family - and yet he has done more and seen more in his short 17 years then all the other kids combined. It was not been easy to leave the comfort of home, friends and family and move to Asia when you are just beginning high school. Yet, John did it and made it look effortless - but I as his mother know how hard it was. John first attended and made new friends in Hong Kong but then after his freshman year we were moving again this time to Thailand. That is the life of an expat kid - move and start over. It makes it difficult to make friends and to feel a part of school when you are switching so much. John had a rough 4 months in Thailand and then he met his "Ausssie Soulmate", Stuart Buchan and they have been friends ever since. So much so that Stuart is now living with us to finish their senior year together.
John has had his share of physical pain - with his hematoma on his right knee and then with the torn ACL on his left knee - but it doesn't seem to slow him down. This week for a school sponsored trip he was in New Zealand -surfing and hiking! I am very proud of how he has handled the physical set backs - especially when it came to not playing rugby. He is the best scuba diving buddy, and road trip partner that I could ask for!
John is loyal, to his family, friends and principles. It is a quality that I deeply admire. John has an extraordinary ability to make people feel comfortable - he is one of the most non-judgmental people I know. He respects his friends in making their decision if they will respect him with his. He values his ability to choose and make choice for himself - and I am happy to say that he tries hard to make the right choice - not something that all teenagers do when confronted with peer pressure.
As Ron has been traveling 3 weeks out of each month, John has become the person that I can turn to for a hug or a kiss on the cheek when I am having a bad day. I love him for showing love to me at an age where it might be uncool to do so. (He kissed me on the cheek a few months back right in the middle of the cafeteria - that scored him big points with the teenage girls ) John still allows me to perform my "MOMMY" duties and tuck him bed at night - it is a highlight of my day. SO, thank you John for allowing me to be your mom and you are right I am going to miss you next year!
John, Johnny, JBG, JDawg and what ever else I call you, please know that I love you a "ZILLION" swedish fish!
No comments:
Post a Comment