Saturday, February 23, 2013

Intentions Please


While studying my scriptures this past week I came across a word that has had me thinking all week.  Not a phrase, not a verse just one little word.  The word that I can't seem to get out of my head is "INTENT". 

The first thing I wrote down in my study journal was ...
What is my intent?  What is my motivation? What do I really want?

Since the original word was "intent" I looked it up in the dictionary.
Intent: the state of mind with which an act is done, a usually clearly formulated or planned intention.  Thank you Mr. Webster!

Now on to the part that caused me to think...I read a quote a while ago by Wayne Dryer, "Our intentions creates our reality"  I think what Dr. Dryer is saying is that our intentions shape the choices we make and the eventual outcome of what we choose.  Our intentions shape our personal vision, our beliefs, values, habits and in the end our actions.  There are two kinds of intentions, conscious and unconscious. I am focusing on conscious intentions - because I am the one thinking!!

Conscious intentions = choices of how to act = our intended outcome

I learn a valuable lesson long ago from a friend - "you own your words". If I want to own my outcome or reality I have to own my intentions, first by visualizing the intended reality or outcome then saying that vision out loud followed by writing it down.  I feel that by following these steps I would have a better chance of realizing and achieving my own personal dream,outcome, and I would be creating my reality.  To me it is very simple - if you don't like where you're reality is heading, change your intentions! 

I would be the first one to tell you that I have had an amazing 52 years in my reality.  I don't regret one moment - but then the thought came to me "could I have something better?"  Now since I already think I have a great life how can I vision anything better, I can't but God can.

So with that thought in my head I started to see if I could vision something better...even if I can see it clearly yet.

Ron and Heidi 1980
The first thing that came to my mind was my relationship with my husband and our marriage.  After 32 great years I have no complaints, but can I vision it better?  If I want a better relationship with Ron, what are my intentions!  What choices do I have?  How do I act in order to achieve the desired outcome?  

What if I apply the same principle to my relationships with my children, which by the way I think are fantastic, but could they be better?  Of course the answer is yes - then what do I intend to do about it?  What are the choices that will help me to attain my reality?

What if I did the same thing for others in my life?

What if I wanted a better understanding of my role as a daughter of God?  What am I doing to accomplish that desire?  What are my true intentions and actions?  Will they help me to attain that desired understanding?
Look were one little word took me this week.  I love to learn and I have a desire to make my reality the best that it can be - that means I will continue to ask questions, continue to improve and to make sure that  my intentions are going to take me to my dreams of something better.  The dream that God has visions for me.

If I want it, work for it and live it I can achieve it!

No comments: