It has been my opinion that Mondays are usually the hardest day of the week, after today "I" would have to say that Tuesdays are! Today went from BAD to WORSE in a blink of an "I".
First, "I" hit the alarm and went back to sleep, so when "I" finally got up "I" was already LATE.
Second, "I" went for my run and the SUN was not shining, he showed up at the end but then quickly retreated into the clouds! "I" think that the SUN is something to be hope for and is definitely something unseen.
Thirdly, "I" found out that returning wedding gifts is hard work and not much fun, especially when they are not mine but belong to the newlyweds!
Fourth, "I" missed lunch! "I" have been doing that a lot lately and need to rethink why. Can one actually be enjoying the day so much that one forgets to eat - or am "I" just so busy that "I" don't take the time to eat! "I" vote for the .... option.
Fifth, At about 6pm "I" found out that John lost his passport! Ron, Laura and John were stuck in Hong Kong and couldn't leave until it was found or until the consulate gave him a temporary. "I" had to fill out forms, get them notarized and faxed to the embassy in HK.
Sixth, All banks are closed at 6pm - so "I" had a little difficult to get things notarized. Thank goodness for friends! ( Thanks Dave)
Seventh, Once "I" spend two hours trying to get all the paperwork for John to get a passport, the airlines found it and called the consulates office. (Kudos to the cleaning crew)
Eighth, It is hard to contact Ron via phone when he is in Hong Kong and "I" am in Seattle, "I" need a better phone!
Ninth, "I" need to write some emails and "I" am not sure what to say or what to write - "I" am at a loss for words, now that has to be a FIRST!
Tenth, "I" only made it though 1/3 of my to do list for the day, so it starts all over in the morning!
Hopefully, tomorrow the SUN will shine, my family will finally reach Thailand - after 36hrs of traveling, and "I" will know the answers to life's toughest question: "What am "I" doing?"
See things can change in a blink of an "I"
No comments:
Post a Comment