Monday, August 9, 2010

Going, Going and almost GONE

As my summer in the States comes to a close, I thought about all that John and I were able to do, all the people we were able to see and all the memories that were made. 

When I first arrived in June I was able to spend ten days with my new grandson, Austin.  I have watched him grow from a skinny new born into a little solid 2 month old baby.  I forgot how fast babies change in such a short period of time.  When I return to the states he will be a year old - how I will miss him!  My eyes fill with tears just thinking about it now.  He sure has his Nana wrapped around his little fingers and has stolen her heart. It has been a delight to watch Audrey and Toren be parents, they are wonderful.  I will miss both of them, and hope that they will allow Austin to SKYPE his Nana in Thailand. 

Besides adding a new grandchild to my family I also gained a new daughter, Amanda Leigh - and I didn't even have to go through the LABOR PAINS.  David and Mandy left Seattle today on their way back to Rexburg.  I am grateful that they finally figured out that they were perfect for each other!  Welcome to the family Amanda, I love you.  ( David, I love you too - and you know if you mess this up we keep Amanda and you are on your own! LOL)

Laura completed an extra semester at BYU-Idaho, and found that she really would like to have summers off and so now is going to have her summer vacation in Thailand with us.  Of course she has to work for her keep, I have loads of computer things for her to do- all that computer organization I want done will actually get checked off my to do list!  Laura leaves for Thailand  tomorrow and she better get some rest because when I get there....

John, has been my constant companion these past to months.  I feel like he and I have been joined at the hip, except now after two months in the states he is taller then me and so we have been joined at the hip and thigh!  He has changed into a very handsome young man, and has more girls turning their heads.  John has been to EFY, Baseball camp, San Diego, Utah, Idaho, Oregon and camping in Washington.  He is leaving tomorrow with Ron for yet another new school in another new country, and he hasn't complained once!  John I love you for being my buddy this summer and for following your father and I around the world without complaint. 

Ron has only had a short 10 days here in the states, he has seen his grandson, his parents and family and has had to  put up with me and all of my totes and organizing...much to his credit he still has a smile on his face.  Ron, works so hard for our family, he is unselfish and is always striving to prepare for the future.  It has been a hard year for him - changing jobs, relocating to two different countries without my help and for the record we have been apart for much of the time.  I wish that I could support him more and ease his burdens.  As he leaves tomorrow with Laura and John, I want him to know how grateful I am for all he does for our family. 

Going,  Going  almost GONE,  I leave in a week.  I am sure it will go by fast... life seems to be going faster then I like.  When I was younger I liked the fast lane - I think now that it is highly over rated and I much prefer the SLOW lane - if I could just get life to slow down I would have it made!

No comments: