Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break- Phi Phi and ME


The amazing places I get to visit while living here in Thailand are incredible.  We are trying to take advantage of seeing as much of this part of the world as we can, you never know when.."the gig is up, Ms Price" (what movie is that from?)  I try to plan one education trip/vacation - last fall it was The Great Wall in China so this break it was a fun relaxing trip, Ko Phi Phi Don, an island off of Thailand. 

 It was one of the small islands that was ravaged by the 2004 Tsunami, 700 hundred people were killed on this small island.  The island is only accessible by ferry and once on the island the only way to get around is to walk/hike or take a taxi, a water taxi.   The water is  a clear turquoise color and it has lovely white sandy beaches.  We enjoyed laying in the sun (well I did, Ron and John preferred the room or the shade), scuba diving, kayaking and just spending time away from Bangkok. 



"Getting There"



"First Impressions"



"Phi Phi Paradise Bungalows "



"Under the Sea"




A Room with a View"

It all came to a close and I found myself on the ferry boat returning back to Krabi to check in for the hour flight back to Bangkok. Fun was had by all, including our guest, "Flat Stanley", from Jordan River Utah.  

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

how fun! those beaches look awesome! How cool you have a flat Stanley! I know I seem to always say this, but what an awesome adventure you get to have!

Katie said...

Wow, those photos are stunning. I want to go!