My first week in Thailand has been filled to overflowing. My cup started out a little on the empty side, jet lag really drained me! By Wednesday morning I was up and running, literally I began my day with a 45 min run around the big city park at 6AM! You might ask why I was up so early, it is because John has to leave the hotel at 5:30 AM, we are not in our house yet so it takes him over 30 minutes to get to his seminary class and school. I have to run in the morning or else it is too hot and humid to exercise any later. The things to do list started to fill the daily cup shortly after that…and hasn’t stopped pouring in! I had a meltdown (see earlier blog post), have had my fill of Phad Thai (thank goodness), did laundry at our house (that is because the machine comes with the house, ALL other items still in customs) and I ventured out to a new store with Laura. I thought the cup was going to crack when Ron and I went to open up a checking account…They didn’t understand us and we didn’t understand them – but after 2 ½ hours (I will never complain about US Banks again) we finally had an account so now Ron can be paid for the last 2 months of work! Friday the cup was so full that I found myself in bed at 7:30PM, which was great until I woke up at 4:30 the next morning which was Saturday! Since I was up, I had to go run around the park again which actually drained some of the stuff from my cup, not that things got done on my run but I was able to let some of the worry evaporate and so there was more room in my cup.
On Saturday was filled to capacity and I am sure that I spilled a few tears over the edge, but I quickly got control of the cup and set it down so I could sleep. Sunday I was up and off to church, where all four of us had to speak – topic PATIENCE! After church the kids wanted to take me to the weekend market – which I am sure was going to be “overflowing” with new sights, sounds and SMELLS!
Need a fish, there are many ready to buy. Wow, something familiar..7/11
Not sure what these were - some sort of crepe with fresh shredded coconut, but when your cup is overflowing you need a treat and they were yummy!
Animals of all varieties, John wants a pet squirrel, marmoset or alligator - No I am not kidding! Laura was okay with fish or chicks, actually she did see a puppy she liked. No PETS allowed. Note to self keep the children away from the weekend market, not sure what they will drag home.
It is not a Taxi for us and we gave our drive the day off - so a Tuk Tuk it is. Cost us roughly $3.00 USD to get from the market back to our hotel and about 15 minutes of some pretty crazy driving!
My cup overfloweth with things to do but also with wonderful adventures, it is hard at times but it is also very exciting. So with a humble heart I am thankful that I have a cup and that it is overflowing!
2 comments:
love that picture of you and laura in that tuk tuk....
so sorry for all the stress... (just getting caught up on blogs)
I would have had a few melt downs by now.. you are a champ to just keep on keeping on! you are a great example... and man what you are doing would be so hard on so many levels, but you are so right, your cup overflows with so many blessings- too!
sure was fun to see you... even if it was only for a second.. I think the world of you heidi- hope you know that!
I want some phad thai! and a ride in one of those tuk tuks
Post a Comment