Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Decorations - Thailand Style

Since this was my first Christmas without COLD and with the heat of the SUN I wondered how different the Christmas decorations would be in Thailand.  I found out that decorating one's home can be a very BIG deal.  We happen to live close to a factory that makes Christmas decorations for upper end stores in the states - of course Laura and I had to explore the outlet factory ... I wasn't going to decorate for Christmas this year and then...well... the bargains were to good to pass up.  So I snagged me some pretty cool Christmas items.

Here in Nichada Thani they have a charity event, the Christmas home tour.  People open their decorated homes for others to come and view and the entrance fee goes to charity. I just marveled at the size of some of the homes and the amount of decorations.  They do have the Christmas Spirit here despite no SNOW!!

Here is a small taste of decorating for Christmas Thai style...

No comments: