Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflection

As 2010 comes to a close I find myself reflecting, not in a mirror or pond but in my mind.  I know myself better then to set new years resolutions, easy to make and easy to break.  So on December 31st I take a moment or two and reflect on the past year by asking myself a few simple questions: 

  1.  Am I a better person today then I was a year ago?
  2. Did I learn anything new this past year?
I need to be honest with myself, this past year I made some mistakes - I am not proud of them.  Yet, looking back on the lessons I have learned has helped me to be a better person.  I have grown and will continue to grow.  I am not perfect but I am trying.  It is for that reason that I do think that I am better today then I was a year ago.  Will I continue to make mistakes, yes... but hopefully  as the years pass I will learn how not to make so many.   The older I get the more important relationships become.  My relationship with my Heavenly Father, with His Son, with family and friends has become the most valued gifts in my life.  I am truly blessed.

Jane Austen is my favorite Author and my favorite quote is...

"There is nothing that I would not do for those who are really my friends.  I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."  Jane Austen

May I learn to judge less and love more, including myself in the coming year.  

No comments: