Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Repenting

What is the first step in the repentance process...recognizing that what you are doing is wrong.
So let me give it a try...

I, Heidi, recognize that I have been preoccupied with my new iPad to BLOG! 

Whew that took some courage and I am glad that it is out in the open.

"DARCY"
Recognizing was not the hard part of the repentance process it was actually confessing to myself and willing myself to stop organizing my life with "Darcy", that is the name of my iPad.  To you who are unfamiliar with iPads or Jane Austen can refer to him as Mr. Darcy!!  (I need help in so many ways, who names there electronic devices?)   So I have confessed my mistake but I can't really say that I will not make it again which then makes me ask: am I really sorry for not blogging or am I just trying to ease my conscience for the night.   Just even after a few line on this blog entry I am feeling much better, but then "Darcy" is sitting right next to me begging me to stop and pay attention to him.  No, I must resist and push my way through to the end of this blog and complete an item on my "To Do List" for the day.  When I have pressed the "publish post" key then I can go back to  "Darcy" and check the "To Do List" off!   Talk about an extreme OCD (organizationally Challenged Diva)! 




I must confess I have been missing writing each day.  I find it rewarding and therapeutic to put my mumble jumble of thoughts down into words so that I can see if I can make any sense out of them.  Blogging has been my constant companion these last two years.  At times Heidi's Heartland feels like my only friend; someone who listens to what I am not saying; someone who likes me no matter what kind of day I have had; someone who is always there for me ( I reread my own posts) and someone who thinks that I am funny one day and thoughtful the next - I love that I keep myself guessing!

So this is where I need to make some corrections to my life...

1.  I will keep writing in my blog with my computer, "Elizabeth" - she has a name too!  LOL
2.  "Darcy" will continue to keep me organized just the way I like - he is good at that.
3.  I must remember that electronic devices are not actually real people - and do not need names.
4.  Who cares about number three, I never liked ODD numbers anyway - so "Darcy" meet "Elizabeth"!

Confession time is over and I am feeling so much better, I think if "Elizabeth" and "Darcy" work together my life will be P&P (Practical & Productive)

2 comments:

Sierra said...

I name electronic devices, too, so don't feel too bad :)

Audrey said...

Can't you blog on Darcy?