Monday, September 13, 2010

The Face of Love

On Saturday while we were on our driving back from the memorial we stopped so that Laura could look at some of the pottery stands by the side of the road.  Ron and Laura went looking and I grabbed my camera and started looking around.  I noticed some children that belonged to one of the women running a stall.



 I held up my camera and pointed to the children and she hurried and comb their hair and gathered her little ones together so that I could take a photo. 

These children are beauty in its simplest form.
 

I watched as this little boy was carried by his older sister down the side of the road.  She was carrying him on her back and he was naked, he had just taken a "bath" in the water some where near the stall and she was taking him back to get his clothes on. 



There was a deep connection between brother and sister, she was about only 8 or 9 and he about 3 1/2.  Age didn't matter, love did.   I love how she is holding his head.  Children have a right to be loved and cared for by those around them.

I was shown true love that afternoon.






After I was done clicking a few shots I handed the littlest girl some Thai Baht, equal to about 70 cents.

Her face light up, something so small was so appreciated.

If the world could just stop and look into a the face of a child and see the hope and love that shines in their eyes, the world would be a better place.


1 comment:

Audrey said...

Those are adorable kids. It makes you think about what provides a better life for kids, lots of money or lots of love. You can tell from these pictures that love does way more than money ever can.