Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Laura and I returned from our weekend in Vietnam safe and sound.  I do like to travel but I really like being HOME, and by HOME I mean where my heart is.  I am at home in a lot of different places, Thailand, Washington, Idaho and Utah - all at the same time!  My heart beats in different places but it is always to the same rhythm.

On this last day of November I would like to list the top ten things I am thankful for...

1.  Life and each breath I take.
2.  My family and the ability to be a wife and mother.
3.  My grandson, Austin, and all my future grandchildren - being a Nana is the best!
4.  The ability to learn and grow - sometimes in ways I would rather not
5.  SUN, Wind and yes even RAIN -
6.  Light, especially the light of the gospel to guide my path and Eternal light of the Savior
7.  Friends that are always there to support, even 30+ years later.
8.  Touch, taste, sight, smell and hearing - I love the senses they make the world JOYFUL
9.  Jane Austen and good books (as a lifetime member of the JA society - I felt some pressure here)
10.The wonder and hope in little children eyes, especially during the holiday season.

My home is where my heart is!