Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ready, Set...China Take 4


Yangshuo and Li River


I decided early on in the planning of my trip to China that if I was going to go then I would make time to visit a small town about 1800 Kilometers south of Beijing known as Yongshuo. National Geographic loves to photograph here; it is a panoramic natural beauty. Surrounded by karst peaks, a limestone landscape, and bordered on one side by the Li River it is a photographers paradise..


I talked Laura and John into a biking/river boat trip. They were eager to make me happy, but when we got lost out in the middle of China’s country side with no cell phone and no Mandarin to our name, they were not so keen to please me anymore. I eventually found the trail by doing hand gestures and repeating “Yongshuo” in my very best Chinese accent! It was a wonderful adventure and one that I will cherish.

Here are some of my favorite shots





1 comment:

Lauralee said...

love all the photos! the last set of photos are so awesome! you should frame some of them!
glad you found your way back! what great memories you are making!