Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Thailand Style

Us with Elder Partridge, from our ward in the states!
So, November has been a little mixed up.  Thailand doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, not a big surprise there it was kind of a pilgram/Native American thing.  But, then the big question is...do I miss out on roast turkey, sweet potatoes and the pies?  I was so happy to hear that we do celebrate Thanksgiving in Thailand and you can choose any day you like!  Some wonderful new friends invited us to have Thanksgiving with them and 20 other "close" friends as well as 10 missionaries!  As a result we held Thanksgiving on Novemeber 19th!  It was the perfect day, the ISB students had the day off of school (some teacher thing..) and the weather sunny and warm, and by warm I mean 90 degrees! 






Laura and her "New Beau" Eli (4)



The turkey was divine, the pie heavenly and the company  was "celestial." 




There was no football, no TV and no dishes to do (thanks to our helpers) just food and friends, I believe that is the way Thanksgiving should be!!


Amanda (our fall semester adopted daughter) and Laura

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

glad you didn't have to miss out on the yummy food!
how crazy to have Elder Partridge serving close to you! is he in your ward? That is so cool!

Audrey said...

I LOVE Laura's cardigan. Did she get that here? Or there? If it's there....well....I MUST have one :) We missed you on Thanksgiving, but I'm glad you didn't miss out on the food. That would've been a real crying shame.