Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Morning, Vietnam

If someone would have told me that I would be traveling all around Asia a few years ago, I would have laughed at them.  Yet, here tonight I find myself in Vietnam, Saigon to be exact.  Today it is call Ho Chi Minh City, but the locals still refer to the downtown district as Saigon.  Much has changed since the 1970's and yet something’s are the same.  The Vietnam people are still happy, were conical hats, love rice and have more moterbikes then any other country! 


On our first attempt to see Saigon, it started to RAIN....and by rain I mean...a DOWN POUR.  The up side is that it was a warm rain, the down side was we were at least a mile away from our hotel.  A nice cab driver saw us and pulled over.  Laura rushed out and stepped off the curb into a foot of water, lost her shoe and I was laughing so hard I didn't know if it was tears or raindrops on my face.


Laura sitting on the window ledge of a shop

Rain, Rain go a way little Laura wants to play!

At least my toes were looking good despite the rain!


Laura getting ready to run to the cab!


No comments: