Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hand Written Letters

Someone once asked me what some of my favorite things were, I had to think for a minute and to remind myself I started a list.  Today I realized that I had not included one of my most favorite things...

HAND WRITTEN NOTES AND LETTERS

In this world of email, cell phones, IM and texting - we have lost the art of communicating through real hand written  letters.  When you hand write something you have to think before your hand touches the pen and paper or you could be doing a rewrite before you even get stated.  Writing makes you really think about what you what to tell the person you are writing to - after all once it is written down in ink it is hard to delete with out shredding the whole letter.

I love to read the hand written notes and letters, I think you can tell a lot about the persons frame of mind by looking at the hand writing.  Were they thinking or just writing, were they in a hurry or did they stop to consider the words they would use to communicate with you.  To me writing is an outward expression of inward feelings.  It means that you took the time to think of someone else.  So, if you haven't written a hand written letter or note to someone recently, do it now.  They will appreciate it and cherish the words as I have done.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I don't know how the whole replying thing works on blogger...but...I wanted to say that you should come to the concert! there's totally still tickets available for the lawn. I think a nice relaxing evening with Timmy will help everyone be ready for the big day tomorrow.