Okay, I must have short term memory loss or have just LOST my mind totally. John and I are getting ready to go on the BIG family camp out tomorrow. We go to the storage unit to try to get the camping gear - and I can't find my tent! I used it last year, it is not like it is a small tent - it sleeps six people,has poles and a fly covering in a large tent bag. I have also LOST my deluxe air mattress. How can one camp without a tent and deluxe mattress? Maybe I should put an ad in the local paper! I have three hours in the morning to go back to the storage unit and look again - I am the organizational QUEEN so maybe I put it in a colored tote to help me keep things clean and tidy in the space. Now that sounds like something I would do - but I have so many totes in the two units. To be truthful most of the ones in the front belong to David - the junk hoarder keeper saver, and I can't wait till he comes and takes them all away!
At least I am alive, I haven't been deserted on a disappearing moving island that has a creepy black smoke monster. I don't belong to the DARMA initiative and don't know anyone named Hurley! But I feel like I am LOST - and now I have LOST my tent! It might be the only home I have and it is LOSTHave I made feel sorry for me and are those tears or are your eyes just sweating due to exercise?
The good news is that I haven't LOST the SUN it is out and shining everyday of the camping trip. Temperatures should be in the high 80's the rest of the week. Which means, Food, Family, Fun in the greenery of the park with the blue of Mayfield Lake and the warmth of the SUN for the next four days.
I just hope that my LOST tent appears so that I don't have to sleep under the STARS - that is alittle to much outdoors for this county girl.
2 comments:
It's fun to read about all your adventures while I am stuck in school for the summer... I sure hope you find that tent! Frustrating! I love Lake Mayfield...LOVE it... Have fun- hope to get together when you have some time!
Don't worry mom, David and I will come pick up the stuff soon enough! I just hope all if it will fit in our tiny apartment! hahaha Hope you found your tent!! :D
Post a Comment