Saturday, July 24, 2010

Twentyfourth

Happy Pioneer Day!  One more reason for me to love Utah, you get an extra holiday with fireworks! 

Picked up John from EFY and my first questions was..."How many girls digits did you get?"  He looks at his phone and says only 6 right now, but I gave out my number to ALL the girls in my group!  He needed to take a 4 hour nap to try to catch up on the sleep that he missed.  Tonight for his Pioneer Day Fireworks... it was all text messages from so many girls he couldn't keep track of which one he was texting what to, he looked over at me and said, " Mom, I am not sure what girl I am texting to - that could put me in a difficult situation!"  You have to love 15 year old boys - at least tonight I didn't have to tell him to wash his face and brush his teeth - he was already doing it...while texting of course! 


Laura and I cleaned her car, well actually we rearranged some junk and will clean it out on Monday.  We decided to go shopping instead - much better use of our time together.  She is so funny, she makes me smile and I am so excited that she is coming to Thailand with me for four months.  Oh and like a good nosy big sister that she is, she checked out John's texting history and got the "DET'S" as she calls them. (DETAILS).  John of course let her...after all, how can you boast of texting to girls if know one really see the messages.

I was able to make dinner - a real dinner...BBQ chicken, roasted asparagus, salad, rolls and fresh strawberries! I forgot how much I love to cook!  After dinner we watched the fireworks from the backyard.  It is great to be with FAMILY, eating good FOOD and watching some beautiful FIREWORKS!

Happy 24th of July

No comments: