Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Highway 89

Saturday morning, July 3rd, I got up early after a short night ,I didn't sleep well.  It was the first time that I have stayed at a Hostel Hotel - and it was a little weird.
I wanted to take some pictures of the mountains in the morning so off I went driving south on highway 89.

Old Barn on Mormon Row, Grand Tetons


Jenny Lake is on of my favorite places to be, I love the cold blue lake against the mountain range.  The last time I was here, I was walking around the lake trail at dusk and turned a corner and almost ran into a large bull moose.  I quietly turned, heart beating fast, around and went back to our camp.  I love the fresh smell of being here and feeling so close to nature.  I wanted to strap on my hiking shoes or trail runners and find the trail head for Hidden Falls - but since I was on a SOLO trip I thought I should be safe so I just grab the camera and just look longingly at the path.  Maybe next time....
I love this picture, I was sitting in a field and just marveling at the contrast of snow and flowers.

From this point I made my way down HWY 89 to Logan Utah.  It took me all day to go the 250 miles...I had to stop to take pictures and to take a nap.  It was a great drive, here are some of my favorite pictures from that drive...

 
"Green-Blue"

"Peaceful"

"Vanishing into Solitude" 

"Worship"

"As far as the eye can see"

"Walk with Me"

"Hidden Places"

It was a beautiful drive
It was a beautiful day
 It was a beautiful time to think
pray and snap some pictures!

No comments: