So I hauled my butt out of bed and went down to Redondo Beach and in the RAIN ran 4 miles on the board walk. I had the SUN in my mind, the WIND in my face and the RAIN dripping on my head! Then it was off to get ready for the day, pay bills, run errands, and check out facebook and my blog while trying to figure out what to have for lunch! In the end I decided just to hit the road and get down to see my grandson!
I have to say I was pretty upset that I didn’t get to drive a “SWAGGER WAGON” down to Portland, but my Toyota Tacoma was a pretty sweet ride for me. My mind went back to a few months ago when I made the trip and almost fell asleep driving, I was tired - okay! I was excited to see Austin and that kept me awake this time. I wanted so much to “phone a FRIEND” but I was out of “LIFE LINES” – actually I couldn’t find my Bluetooth –and didn’t want a ticket! So it was me, my music, lime&chile sunflower seeds and of course a 32 ounce diet soda! Now that made it a sweet and spicy ride!
Austin was ready for me to hold him as soon as I walked in the door, which I promptly did. He smells like NEW BORN BABY! I love that smell – and had to nuzzle my nose into his neck – that is my favorite place to sniff.
After an hour or so of holding him – his mom told me they needed to go to COSTCO – my second favorite place next to Chipotles. So off we went….
All in all it was a perfect day dispite the RAIN - because I Austin brought me some SUN shine!
3 comments:
He SO loves you already! Congrats to all of you!
And dang sister G, you look good!
I can't wait to join the party!! only a few more hours!
that is just precious! I love newborns! how fun to get to be here to see him!
you look sooooooo good Heidi!
Post a Comment