Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life is a Highway

I was driving back to my parents house tonight from Portland, Oregon and listening to a Rascal Flatts playlist, when they started singing the song "Life is a Highway" - and I had to laugh because that is what my life is right now.  Homeless and living on the highways between Seattle, Portland, Rexburg and Provo and all points in between.  I have a air mattress bed, complete with mattress pad, sheets, pillows and blanket so I am prepared to stay just about anywhere!  LOL  I also have my clothes in totes it is easier then suitcases and they fit nice in the back of the truck, it is almost like having a dresser with six drawers.  My IPod has enough music and audio books to keep me occupied for hours on the highways and byways of four western states!  My Chase debit card has been getting used, it was on a hiatus while I was living in Hong Kong but it is back and seems to be working perfectly.  The only thing that could make living out of my truck better is having a mini fridge - but "Oh Thank Heaven for 7-11"!

While driving I had the opportunity to be stuck in traffic on I5.  I was just wondering who's idea it was to shut down three lanes of traffic for some road work on a Saturday evening near Fort Lewis!  I was able to move forward 6 whole miles in an hour and a half!  How is that keeping our state "GREEN", with all the cars stopping and starting and only moving at a pace slower than a snail?  By the time I got home, I was one tired, cranky bladder filled woman! 

The upside to this long and lengthy drive was that I was able to watch the SUNSET, which means that the SUN was out all day - it wasn't playing hide-n-seek behind clouds and it wasn't that liquid sunshine (RAIN). The SUNSET was beautiful and as I drove north towards Seattle the west was bright with the warm glow of the sun and the pink to purple wispy clouds in the BLUEST skies!  My heart skipped a beat.   Not only was I able to see that but I also took the opportunity to lace up my runners before I left Oregon and run on a trail by the Clackamus River and then the Willamette River - I even had a smile on as I ran.  I love the SUN, it makes me happy!  I have missed it this past week a lot and it is nice to know that it is still there to warm my soul and brighten my life!  

My life is a Highway - I am going to DRIVE it all summer long!  No TICKETS please!!

No comments: