Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Heartland to Heartland

Flying in planes gives me way to much time to think.  Today I spent most of my flight either thinking or sleeping (and I am sure I think when I sleep!)  I have decided that lately airports make me both happy and sad at the same time.  Because, for me I seem to be always leaving at  part of my family behind while I am on my way to see the another part of my family.  My "heartland" is a place where my heart resides, and it can reside in different places at the same time - My heart is where my family and friends are.  

After a long flight, missed connections  I finally landed in Washington - my native heartland.  And it should be no surprise that RAIN was the proverbial greeting.  It looks like I am going to have to make my own SUN shine. Tomorrow I hit the beach for a run, rain or no rain - because the SUN will be shining inside my heartland. (I have to keep telling myself that, or I will just get depressed with all this RAIN!) 

Soon I will be traveling to my Nana Heartland, Portland Oregon to see, hold, nuzzle and kiss my new grandson.  Austin Paul Forsberg Nana is coming - just one more day!  Then I will be traveling to my Idaho and Utah Heartland while still having a Asian Heartland. My heart is enlarging and expanding and that means that .... 

This summer I will be traveling from Heartland to Heartland and all points in between.  Can one earn frequent driving miles? If so sign me up because I will be living in my truck for three months - I could earn what a few tanks of gas.  Maybe I should have named my blog "Heidi is Homeless" - but know that where ever I am physically I am always in my HEARTLAND.

Leaving my Hong Kong Heartland....



No comments: