I have never been much of a silver fan. In fact, with my coloring I have always worn gold, no white gold, platinum or silver for me. Up until my first visit to Mainland China the only piece of silver jewelry I owned was my sterling silver charm bracelet that I received on my 16th birthday. When I was in China I picked up a few very pretty "Knockoff" Tiffany pieces - and have been known to wear them. So I have developed a new apprecation of silver while still maintaining my love of gold.
Today I sat looking at the trees and the river in Provo Canyon and decided that SILVER was a very beautiful color. When the breeze would rustle the leaves of the trees the underside which was then lighted by the sun would sparkle like a million silver coins. I then turned my focus to the river and to the small pond that John was fishing on, when the breeze would ripple across the pond the sun would hit the movement and then it would looked like a thousand of tiny silver fireflies shimmering on the surface. It was definitely natures own version of "EYE CANDY" without the calories!!
This morning John and I went up to the Charleston Bridge spanning the Provo river and saw some beautiful black birds with yellow heads in the marsh bushes - they made the most beautiful sound in the crisp morning air. Then on our way back down the canyon we stopped long enough for me to snap a picture of backside of Mount Timpanogos. Sundance sits at the base of this side of the Mountain...of the area Robert Redford said...
"This place in the mountains, amid nature's casualness toward death and birth, is the perfect host for the inspiration of ideas: harsh at times, life threatening in its winters of destruction, but tender in attention to the details of every petal of every wildflower resurrected in the spring. Nature and creativity obey the same laws, to the same end: life."
Went for a 10K run up Provo Canyon at 7:30 pm tonight - 5k up an 5k down - it was so beautiful. The Provo River was running faster then me, I love the sound of rushing water! The last few days in Utah have been beautiful - it almost changed my mind about Utah - but not quite!
No comments:
Post a Comment