Friday, June 4, 2010

Love Is Everywhere

Austin is week old!  It is as though I can almost see him grow minute by minute.  When I hold him it is like holding the world in my hands.  It is the most amazing feeling to know that this small infant has just left his heavenly home to come here to learn and grow.  I watch as he sleeps and wonder what he could tell me, what does he think about, what does he know? 

I think about the world in which he has come to, sometimes it is a pretty ugly place - war, heartache, poverty and all manner of wickedness.  As soon as that thought goes through my head I change my thinking to how amazingly beautiful this world is... 

Just the fact that young people still believe in marriage and family is showing love and gives me hope for this world. 

Love is everywhere if you look hard enough.

I saw love for a new baby today as his mother nursed him to sleep.

I watched the love of a new dad as he held his son so tenderly as he watched a basketball game.

I read facebook messages between an engaged couple getting ready for their July wedding, the love, the teasing and the fun they are having give me hope for a brighter future.

Reading "Mommy I  Love You" in a chat from a daughter in college lets me know that things are right in the world.

Using Skype to talk to a son in another country makes me have faith and hope in the "connection" of our long distant relationships.

Viewing blogs of friends who write about and post pictures of things that are important to them helps me to have assurance that they are happy.

Watching the SUN appear everyday either outside or inside my mind helps me to trust in the all the tomorrows that lay ahead.

"Morning Solitude"
Whidbey Island, July 2009

No comments: