Saturday, June 5, 2010

TGIF

Jet lag has really set in and I had to take a mid morning nap,and I think I took a early afternoon nap too.  When you have jet lag taking a nap is the worst thing that you can do, but today I felt a little rebellious and decided to throw caution to the wind and take a nap! I am forcing myself to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight, wait it is already 11:55PM - what exactly is a decent hour?

Another confession:  I actually stayed in my PJ's until 4:30PM.  The only reason I showered and changed at all was that I need to go to the airport with Audrey to pick up her best friend Amanda.  I sat in the back and watched Austin sleep and listened to the girls talk in the front.  It was great to hear them chatter about life, just like when they were college roommates.  It is good to have close FRIENDS!

I have another duty while I am here:  DOGGY DUTY

Meet Baxter a beautiful beagle who loves his NANA Heidi, because she takes him outside for hour long runs and lets him lick her plate when she is done eating.  Baxter is feeling a little pushed aside with all the attention that Austin is getting from his mom so I have become his new best friend.  Baxter runs with me, okay he actually pulls me some of the way - and we have to stop while he is sniffing up a tree for squirrels.  He sits next to me on the couch and follows me around, maybe it is because I usually have food, but I  like to think it is my sweet friendly dog loving skills.  Thanks Baxter for making me feel so welcomed! 

PS  I didn't like the slice of banana that your dad gave you that you didn't like and so you left on the floor in the hall and I stepped in it - I thought it was something else!  And of coursed screamed!!   Not a bad joke to play on your NANA!!

I have to get off to bed now as this will post as a Saturday entry and then everything gets messed up in my organizational mind and BLOG! 

No comments: