Sunday, June 6, 2010

Portland's Saturday Market

The sun was out in the City of Roses (Portland) and so off we went in the Family Swagger Wagon to visit the Portland Saturday market.  I was expecting a little home grown farmers market - boy was I surprised... it was a little "Rastafarian" affair.  It was a culture shock for me coming from Hong Kong and the Asian markets.  Take a look at what I saw..  Okay the first few pictures are normal...



Audrey, Toren and Austin


Audrey and Amanda





Austin bored with the market...
Nana Heidi and Mom Audrey

Here is where it gets a little weirder (if that is a word)

             
Not so sure about this market, it seemed a little to much my for me, could be it is because I am almost 50 years old and a Nana now?  I think not,  it was just not my style.  I like things simple, soft & smelling good!!  It was nice to see the freedom of expression ...But I think I will sit this Market visit out next trip - Sorry Portland!

2 comments:

Lauralee said...

I agree... things like that make me feel a little uncomfortable...,. or a lot uncomfortable!

Jackie said...

Haha. For some reason I can't stop laughing right now. I don't even know what's funny, but something is. I love 2010 and the things we get to look at on a daily basis. It is fabulous!