It has been close to ten years since I was diagnosed with cancer. These last few days I have had the opportunity to recall a special blessing that was given me. I was promised that I would live long enough to see my children raised to maturity...
Audrey is now a mother to my grandson Austin. She has grown and matured in ways that are far above any expectations that I ever had for her. I love who she has become.
David is the one that I thought would never mature, and to me he will always be a kid at heart. But much to my surprise he too has matured. David will soon marry and is working hard to take care of his new wife. He is saving money, working hard, going to school and accepting the fact that money doesn't grow on trees!
Laura is 20 but has always been mature far beyond her years. She is amazing and is truly a choosen daughter of God. I always hoped that I could be like Laura when I grow up.
John although only 15 has done more in his 15 years then some people do in a lifetime. I think I have at least six years before I can really say that he is mature. So, lets live life to the fullest, JOHN!
When I look at the blessing that was given me I feel gratitude for the last ten years. I am not sure what the future holds. I hope that I will live long enough to see my grandchildren raised to maturity. I live everyday knowing that my cancer can return, that might sound sad to some, but it is a blessing to me... I try each day to repent of wrong doings and actions, I try to love the way that Christ loves and I try to forgive all that offended me knowingly or unknowingly.
Today I would like dedicate my blog entry to FORGIVINESS and to ask for forgiveness for any and all I may have offended or hurt in anyway. It was never my intention to hurt anyone. Since none of us knows the year, day or hour that we will be called back to our heavenly home - I want to make sure that I have asked for forgiveness from all those people who I have hurt, knowingly or unknowingly. I am so very sorry. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Forgiveness is something that everyone needs.
“Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.”
3 comments:
forgiveness... and then goodbye? what's up? you are kinda freaking me out! :)
I think you are amazing heidi! thanks for being you... and you are who I want to be like when I grow up!
Wow Sister Gailey, you have been blessed with such a wonderful perspective on life! I hope you enjoy your trip around the US!
Heidi - I'm Meredith's big sister and I have been blog-stalking you for awhile because I find your current life experiences fascinating. :) You are such a wonderful example of someone who has been given a second chance at life and who has truly appreciated it with such a positive attitude!
Congrats on your new grandson. My second son is named Austin and is almost a year old. A good name. I hope you are given many many more years to enjoy him. Grandmas are so special to children (and adults). I truly love watching my mom with my boys. I'm sure your daughter feels the same way.
Post a Comment