What is it with Utah? Some one help me to understand....
MULLET"S
Why do so many guys over the age of 30 think that MULLET'S are a fashion statement! Let me make one thing very clear...MULLET'S are not in fashion, never were in fashion and it really means that you are undecided. You can decided to have your hair long or short - just pick one and be done with the MULLET look ..PLEASE!!
MAYHEM....
Why is it that everyone in Utah must speed? It is MAYHEM out on the roads! I am not talking about the 10 mile over the speed limit rule - it is more like 25 -30 miles over the speed limit! Now if you know me, I am all for getting to your destination in the shortest time possible - but really. With I 15 in the "need of constant repair" and your "tax dollars" at work the speed limit is posted 55mph in many places from Provo to Ogden - yet as I traveled at 68 mph cars were passing me going 80-85, what the heck! They cut you off, weave in and out and I have to admit they are not the "courteous" drivers one might think. Hands and fingers are gesturing all over the place, even I have to blush and I have been known to talk with my hands, waving them around like I was in an aerobic class! Utah driving is pure MAYHEM.
AND THE MORE...
Oh and another thing, how many different types of fountain soda's do mini marts really have to have - I walked into one the other day and they must have had at least 20 choices all lined up! Really there are only a few real choices coke, diet coke, sprite, root beer and lets throw in a lemonade for fun. Since Ron works for that beverage company that is only fitting! Besides the "brand that can not be named" just isn't really asked for ..people usually always say .."Can I have a Coke?' Seriously - you would think that the water here in Utah tastes funny - so many people carry mugs and cups around ready for the .40 cent refill day. Utahans would never survive Asia - no unlimited refills at restaurants, no refillable mugs and cups and no fountain drinks at 7/11's or Circle K's, it is all CANS - of course they provide straws!
Lest you think that I am Utah bashing - I have to admit that the sunset tonight was fabulous! The colors were vivid and the clouds were casting a warm glow over the sky. The mountains are green, right now, and the air for the most part is clean. I like the big wide roads, wide enough to turn my wagon around! You can be in the mountains in a few minutes from anywhere in the valley, that is a big plus. I like Utah, but it has flaws just like I do. I thought at one time it was "Happy Valley" a place where dreams are made. What I have learn over the years is that happy valley is what you create, it is how you make your own dreams come true. So I will love Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Thailand with all the flaws they have because I know that as long as I am dreaming and living life to the fullest I will be in "Happy Valley".
Post Script.. In Asia they may have driving MAYHEM, but they sure don't have MULLETS!! Now that is something to cheer about!!
No comments:
Post a Comment